The Last Scotsman: Liam The Last Scotsman: Liam

Loved this. What program do you use to program?

TheGreatKhalem responds:

I use FLS 10: Fruity Loops Studio 10, or FL Studio. But thank you! I'm going to fix it in the future, so expect a better version :D !

Deep-Sea Diving Deep-Sea Diving

Ska?

this belongs in the ska portal. it's good ska though!

trabajaba7 responds:

Yeah I suppose it does, but I always thought of this as very loosely ska, because when I think of ska I think of Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake, and this is nothing like them and I guess I thought it fit more in indie. Genres suck end of story.
Thanks for the compliments though!
3 pig's eyes will keep the day bright,
The Trabajabas

Fishy Fishy

NICE

I just came. this song was amazing, and I loved the transition in the middle. It sounded really nice, and professional. The only weird thing is at like 2:00 minutes when the guitar part freezes up. It might have been an uploading problem or my computer though

trabajaba7 responds:

Thank you very much for the compliments, and I dont know what happens at that part, it seems the problem is fixed if you download it though!

scene kids hate ska (pom2) scene kids hate ska (pom2)

nope

there are almost no elements of ska in here at all. this is more of a punk tune (which makes sense, since you used pom) and while this would be a cook skateboarding song, that doesn't mean it's ska. try having a more uptempo and backbeated rhythm, plus vocals and horns

Melting Pot of Alcohol (wip) Melting Pot of Alcohol (wip)

my leg started spazzing...

sorry about the unrelatedness of the title, but my leg did start spazzing. anyway, i like the buildup and your drop is brutal, but i'd say try a different synth lead because the bass sounds a bit cheap.

_Failure_ _Failure_

messed up

this is the song that should be on the top of the list...not those damn "ska void" loops made on a synthesizer

All The King's Men All The King's Men

Reel.

I'm happy that this song is real, and not a synthesized loop. The vocals may need some work, but I like it a lot

I Maed A C0v3r W1th Z0mbies... I Maed A C0v3r W1th Z0mbies...

Want More

I need to find some more of your band, this is the first real ska song i've heard on this portal. all the rest are like techno pieces of crap

Setu-Firestorm responds:

I actually do not have a band. I make all my music digitally, and I mostly try to vary my sound with each new rock project.

As far as ska goes, I think all I have other than this is my ska cover of the Angry Video Game Nerd theme.

First & Last (acoustic) First & Last (acoustic)

This song defines my ex gf! can't wait for the "plugged" recording! best shit ever man 10/10 5/5

Cat's Got Your Tongue Cat's Got Your Tongue

new favorite

This reminds me of a very early SoCal ska song. Love the punk influences with the ska, sort of like Catch 22 or Reel Big Fish. it may sound cool if you distorted the guitar during the chorus and picked the tempo up, making it like hardcore punk kick ass ness. just if you guys ever experiment..

HyruleanHyroe responds:

Thanks for the review! We do have some punk-ier stuff, too, floating around somewheres....